Magic Johnson Foundation
The Magic Johnson Foundation, founded by Earvin “Magic” Johnson in 1991, develops programs and supports community-based organizations that address the educational, health and social needs of ethnically diverse, urban communities.
The Foundation has had a significant impact toward changing the face of urban minority communities. Its programs and services are dedicated to having an affirmative effect on community revitalization by:
- Eliminating negative cultural barriers
- Advancing economic and social equality by engaging minorities in every aspect of their communities
- Increasing academic and innovative achievement
- Raising AIDS/HIV awareness, treatment and prevention
- Creating positive emerging leaders
- Promoting collaboration and alliance among all sectors of the community (businesses, educational institutions, legislative, community and faith-based organizations; and policymakers).
A portion of the funding for the MJF comes from Magic Johnson Enterprises, a business that fosters community and economic empowerment in ethnically diverse urban communities.
Please note that the MJF does not accept sponsorship requests or unsolicited requests of any kind.
Earvin “Magic” Johnson
# of Employees: