Patricia Arquette and Rosetta Getty founded GiveLove to assist displaced families after the devastating 2010 earthquake in Haiti. Since that time, GiveLove has focused on projects there and in Nicaragua that help to rebuild communities through sanitation projects that protect water and improve public health.
The organization seeks to:
- Introduce low-cost compost toilets in order to reduce disease and provide dignity for people living without basic sanitation
- Reduce reliance on chemical fertilizers by producing organic compost products that can improve soil and improve food security
- Teach people how to compost organic wastes and protect water resources
- Change attitudes about human waste and increase awareness about sustainable land-use practices
- Promote EcoSan and composting as viable solutions to water-based sanitation systems
Click here to read the specifics of GiveLove's programs and accomplishments and learn how you can help.
# of employees: